Newsletter: 3/2008 - Press Communiqué Of The Conference Of Ambassadors Representing Turkey Abroad, Held In Ankara On 15-18 July 2008
1. On July 15-18, 2008 the Ambassadors representing
2. In the Conference, discussions covered the profound transformation process in our world that has begun as a result of the dynamics of the post-Cold War period, new parameters that emerged in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks, as well as the positive and negative developments globalization has brought about. In this context, potential developments in 5-10 years’ time were examined.
3. In all the sessions, it was assessed that in the present complex juncture,
4. During the Conference, the state of play with regards to
5. During the Conference, our strategic partnership and multidimensional cooperation with the
6. Developments concerning
7. PKK terrorism and the ongoing existence of the terrorist organization in the north of
8. In the session concerning Cyprus, Turkey’s support for starting, as soon as possible, comprehensive negotiations with a view to reaching a just and lasting settlement in Cyprus in the context of the process initiated on 21 March 2008 was reaffirmed and the importance of achieving a settlement based on the realities on the Island, the established UN parameters and within the framework of the Secretary General’s good offices mission was emphasized. The continuation of
9. In the Conference, our approach towards settling the problems in the
10. In the Conference; our relationship with the Russian Federation based on a „multidimensional enhanced partnership“ and a deep-rooted history and solid foundation was evaluated, and the importance of enhancing mutual trust with this country, improving cooperation and continuing an open dialogue were stressed.
11. In the Conference, our relations with
12. In the framework of the different sessions held within the Conference, the achievement of lasting peace and security in the Balkans as a whole and sustaining the orientation of all the countries in the region towards European and Euro-Atlantic institutions; the opportunities for promoting a more intensive cooperation with the South Caucasus and Central Asian countries including Mongolia; efforts to develop the existing action plans for the countries in East Asia and Pacific region on a permanent, sound and institutional basis; the requirement for continuing the momentum in our relations with African, Latin American and the Caribbean countries and the efforts related to strengthening our interaction with these regions were discussed.
13. In the Conference, the different dimensions of our candidature to the UN Security Council for the term 2009-2010 were evaluated. The determination to enhance, in the period ahead, the efforts to realize this primary goal was emphasized.
14. In the Conference, in light of the fact that
15. On the occasion of the Conference, the challenges
16. In the Conference, the vital importance of energy security for countries in the 21st century and efforts in the context of energy diplomacy were discussed. Furthermore, the initiatives and primary projects on promoting the role of our country as an energy transit route and transforming it into an energy hub were reviewed. Also, the potential contributions of the experiences of other countries in terms of renewable energy resources for
17. In the other sessions of the Conference; developments in the context of maritime jurisdiction areas and civil aviation sector; efforts to increase the quality of comprehensive services for Turkish citizens and people of Turkish origin living abroad which number approximately five million; the illegal migration that Turkey is being exposed to due to its geographic location; foreign economic and commercial relations and the efforts to further develop these ties; efforts for the improvement, management, protection and utilization of water resources in the most effective and efficient way and for fulfilling the commitments stemming from international and regional agreements with regards to the environment; the stage that the „Alliance of Civilizations“ initiative has reached as well as cultural relations and promotional activities were all evaluated respectively.
18. Deliberations in the Conference also focused on the steps that should be taken to make the efforts in the field of the public diplomacy more comprehensive and productive, our cultural relations with the third countries and promotional activities; strategies for the countries in our neighbourhood and efforts to increase trade with these countries; a multidimensional approach to our economic relations with the Least Developed Countries; the continuation of our foreign assistance which has increased in the recent period and the acquisition of a „donor country“ status; our regional efforts towards creating positive interactions between the zones surrounding our country based on mutual cooperation in various fields, and in this context, the realization of the significant cooperation potential in areas such as the Black Sea and the Eastern Mediterranean.
19. The Conference, with its broad participation format, gave the opportunity for a detailed and thorough exchange of views on the fundamental issues on the agenda of our foreign policy. It was also useful in terms of further strengthening the coordination with the institutions that we cooperate in the implementation of our foreign policy. In conclusion, the Conference in the framework of our basic orientations and priorities in the international arena, significantly contributed to carrying our foreign policy forward and making it even more effective in the 21st century.
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 12:30 / 14:00 - 18:00
Consular Section: 09:00-12:00
|1/1/2020||1/1/2020||New Year Day and Independence Day|
|5/8/2020||5/8/2020||Victory over Fascism Day|
|7/5/2020||7/5/2020||St. Cyrilus, St. Methodius Day|
|8/29/2020||8/29/2020||Slovak National Uprising Day|
|9/15/2020||9/15/2020||Our Lady of seven Sorrows|
|11/1/2020||11/1/2020||All Saints' Day|
|11/17/2020||11/17/2020||Day of Struggle for Liberty and Democracy|
+ 90 312 292 29 29